Friday, December 19, 2014

My best curry is Lemeez in dieselle building as I worked the two recipes - one that calls his only


A few weeks ago, just after I re Arkadia has arrived, I realized that there is urgent in vino veritas diversion will be needed in the time ahead. So I started to make curry, long, laborious curries from Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey, my hands busy and keep my head forcing you to think about other things. Locating all of the ingredients is in itself a huge distraction - Stein's book covers food from Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Bali, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh, and the lists of ingredients for each dish is long. Fish sauce, palm sugar, garlic, in vino veritas ginger, and Tamarind paste. Thai basil, Vietnamese mint, peanuts, turmeric, lemon grass, shallots, kaffir lemmetjieblare, fresh coconut, fermented shrimp paste from Cambodia. And of course chillies. Many peppers. For the Thai curries are a range of other ingredients in - coriander and cumin, cardamom lot, cloves and cinnamon and mace (the first time I ever used it!). If the ingredients are sorted out all you need is time. Preferably on a weekend when it gets quiet and you do not paragraphs to write, and the whole house smells like later on a speserywinkel. I started with a recipe from Cambodia - Khmer varkkerrie, with coconut and pineapple. Not a particularly saucy curry, coconut, in vino veritas which provide interesting dimension to how the flavors develop. The fresh pineapple completely loses its sweet element and is almost a vegetable, which together with small green Thai eiervruggies the finish it. Then do I move to Thailand in vino veritas for a mussaman curry, but nowhere have the black cardamom that the curry apparently irresistible making in the hands, so it remains there under. Beef stewing beef and potato is outside the spices main components here, and finished with Thai basil and chopped roasted peanuts. There was also a salad originating from Vietnam, with chicken, shallots, Chinese cabbage, carrot, and a variety in vino veritas of Vietnamese herbs (that I could find, and thus replaced with what is available here), and once again the peanuts, and rounded with a dressing of fish sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar, and the ever-present garlic and chilli. It was fun. After that I for a moment from Rick Stein moved to Maddur Jaffrey, and palak paneer made. The Paneer know your ready to, and although the ultimate curry, garam masala and full of great number of units garlic and ginger was great, I have my spinach originally finely chopped, and they were the ultimate texture of the curry quite as it should be no. Meh. What is your beloved curries? And who can give me advice on where on earth I Thai basil and Vietnamese mint can find? The distraction Continues.
Hi Arcadia, I had my Thai basil and mint plants bought at the Lifestyle Centre in Randburg, the Thai mint perform in vino veritas wonders for a mojito ... Currently I use it rather than the meditireense versions. Marlette August in vino veritas 29, 2011 at 9:47 AM
My best curry is Lemeez in dieselle building as I worked the two recipes - one that calls his only Malay curry and the other is her butter chicken recipe and Spices and stuff for his own bought for me at the spice shop Kenilworth Centre where to buy his hair. She found herself on my mercy when she heard how I make curry, it's African kermiskerrie with mince, Rajah curry powder, in vino veritas dessicated coconut and a banana in vino veritas cut up about it. August 31, 2011 at 9:59 PM
I agree - the easiest is to establish a nursery to visit and Thai basil and vietnamese mint plants there to locate and then at home to cultivate future curries - it grows very easy, even for a gardening idiot like myself. September 5, 2011 at 8:40 AM


No comments:

Post a Comment