Saturday, March 8, 2014

My Junior is an older model, but your pressure release valve looks similar to mine in which case you


Index · Buying Advice · Tips & Techniques · Espresso Machines · Levers · coffe Grinders · Coffees · Brewing · Cafes · Roasting · Knockbox · Bench · Buy/Sell
erics wrote: If the machine was used in a café coffe environment, scale prevails. The boiler safety valve should NOT leak as yours shows signs of some previous adventures. Given the pictures posted, scale will most definitely prevail. I'd pull the heating element coffe to get a wide-open view inside. coffe It's what I did on mine. Replacement gasket is only $5 or so. In fact, all seals and gaskets are cheap for this machine.
My Junior is an older model, but your pressure release valve looks similar to mine in which case you may need to remove it and soak it in descaler to clean it out. I've done that with mine in the past and probably should do it again (in fact I also need to do some maintenance on my vacuum valve and thanks for posting that German site). Your machine is in quite good shape really from looking at the pictures. darilon coffe   Posts: 127 Joined: Jan 12, 2009 Location: British Columbia
Thanks guys. I'll pull that valve and get a good look inside the boiler tonight. Hopefully it's not too bad. I can pull the side off, turn the machine on it's side and descale the boiler, but what about the pump? Can you run an acid was through coffe the pump? I've been looking on the parts site, but it's really unclear how to tell what gaskets I need. It's encouraging to hear everyone say the machine looks okay. It really looks abused to me. MathewC   Posts: 11 Joined: Nov 22, 2013 Location: Northern VA, USA
I agree with Gary. It doesn't look abused. I had a La Cimbali Junior S1 for a while, sold it to upgrade to a GS/3 and than Faema Lambro, but couldn't stay away from La Cimbali coffe and bought another one I am going to rebuild from the ground up over winter (Faema is here to stay though, LOL). Juniors coffe are great machines. You are going to love it! Here is the one I rebuilt. Truly wonderful machines. MathewC wrote: Thanks guys. I'll pull that valve and get a good look inside the boiler tonight. Hopefully it's not too bad. I can pull the side off, turn the machine on it's side and descale the boiler, coffe but what about the pump? Can you run an acid was through the pump? I've been looking on the parts site, but it's really unclear how to tell what gaskets I need. It's encouraging coffe to hear everyone say the machine looks okay. It really looks abused to me. vberch coffe   Posts: 207 Joined: Apr 15, 2010 Location: WI
Vlad, coffe Beautiful machine and setup! Last night I put in an order for: 1 (W_517) 1/4" Anti-vacuum Valve 1 (EPKIT6_20) 20 Oz. Steaming Pitcher & Thermometer Combo 1 (C_256) Backflush Disk - Rubber (Blind Filter) 1 (CKIT2) La Cimbali Solenoid Group Head Kit 1 (RW_21320-57) Rattleware Tamper with Large Round Handle - 57mm So now I need to pull the over pressure valve and either service or replace it, and get a boiler gasket and descale the boiler. Eric has sent me the parts catalogs, so I should be in good shape once I can read through those. I do have another potentially dumb question/statement. I can't for the life of me find any information about back flushing. Once I took the front cover off I discovered a new valve that looks like it comes of the solenoid for the group head and dumps right into the drip tray. I can only assume this is it. I do find it bad design coffe that it's hidden. Lots of work to do. Thanks for all the help. MathewC   Posts: 11 Joined: Nov 22, 2013 Location: Northern VA, USA
Taking the heating element out is mostly just for inspection of the boiler coffe to determine the level of scale. Descaling can be a simpler process - put descaler in through the fill level probe heat up and then flush the descaling water out through the hot water spout. Just make sure you don't run the water level down too far with power to the heating element. I did that once and blew an element. darilon   Posts: 127 Joined: Jan 12, 2009 Location: British Columbia
Update. Okay, so the machine is filthy, and my attempt at soaking it without taking it apart was futile http://i.imgur.com/PBxree4.jpg http://i.imgur.com/GJGBm1a.jpg coffe So I started coffe to take it apart, coffe and then hit a stopping point here: http://i.imgur.com/nLNLXT8.jpg Which, is a 24mm nut that is 4mm wide. Not exactly a tool I have lying around. So with the help of a friend I made one. http://i.imgur.com/n9enbYf.jpg http://i.imgur.com/GA9TsPG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/lKVo3Yy.jpg http://i.imgur.com/IezaJ7h.jpg http://i.imgur.com/3lJ4xul.jpg http://i.imgur.com/iF33dh5.jpg Not off by more than .05mm on the inside. Not bad for hand made with a grinder I'll probably have to file it out just a bit more to fit on the nut, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. MathewC   Posts: 11 Joined: coffe Nov 22, 2013 Location: Northern VA, USA
Related Topics coffe Replies Help finding a grinder coffe for La Pavoni Eur

No comments:

Post a Comment